Friday, December 24, 2010

Warped Sword

The Sword drop the fantasy theme for their newest album, Warp Riders, and opt for more of a 70's Star Wars looking album cover. Incredibly well done Stoner Metal with riffs that were made to simply crush your head. Goddamn, this album is so good.

The packaging is a beautiful gatefold sleeve that continues with the outer space theme.

Hand numbered and limited to 5,000.

The Sword also released a picture disc for the single (The Night The Sky Cried) Tears of Fire. The b-side of this single is an unreleased song, Farstar, that is a bit more trippy, and not that strong of a song. I typically don't go for the picture disc...especially for just a single...but I liked the new Sword album so much that I figured what the hell, and picked it up.

2 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

It is a good album, a bit more groovier than their other two. I managed to snag an orange vinyl version from my local shop. Was pretty happy with that.

Atomheart said...

I just bought a copy of Warp Riders online but it is not hand-numbered. It has /5000, but the first series of numbers is blank. Any idea why this is?