Monday, December 13, 2010

Deluxe Death Magnetic

I'm a big fan of Metallica. Sure they lost me for about 10 years as they released The Black Album and a couple of Loads, but nowadays, I can even appreciate those albums. By the time Metallica released their eighth album, St. Anger, in 2003, I was listening to Metal again and interested in what they were doing. St. Anger was a step in the right direction, but it wasn't until 2008 that the band was able regain some serious credibility with the release of Death Magnetic.

When Death Magnetic was originally released, I immediately picked up the double LP pressing. While I loved it, and could not get over how good this album was, I couldn't bring myself to drop $100 on the deluxe box set pressing. When I recently saw the box set at Newbury Comics with a $40 price tag, the deal was too good to resist.

I love how thick and heavy box sets are. Holding it in my hands, I feel like I've got something really substantial...something special.

Five pieces of vinyl...one song per side...and each one comes with it's own heavy duty record sleeve.

Holy shit, this thing is fucking massive for one album.

2 comments:

Wade said...

great deal

mcs said...

I like Metallica, but would never buy their stuff on vinyl. Some bands I am not bothered about owning anything physical for, if that makes sense. But that said, if I saw this thing in a store at such a reduced price, I think I would be very tempted. Cool looking thing it is indeed.