Tuesday, December 28, 2010

10.17.09

I've been to a few really big Hardcore shows. The New Bedford Fest in 1995 with Chokehold and Lifetime, Ten Yard Fight's last show in 1999, In My Eyes' last show in 2000, Posi-Numbers '05 with the Bold and Underdog reunions, The First Step's last show in 2008. All of those were great shows, with people travelling from all over the world to be there, but the last Have Heart show has to top them all. I've never seen so many people at a show.

Like Champion's last show, Bridge Nine was there to capture Have Heart's set on film. I remember hanging outside of the show, waiting to get in, and Wrench from Ten Yard Fight came over with his video camera and asked me a few questions about Have Heart. I felt pretty stupid and awkward as he "interviewed" me...ugggg...I'm just glad that it didn't make it into the live DVD.

Man, the show itself was amazing. So many great bands helped send off Have Heart in style. No Tolerance, Step Forward, Rival Mob, Cruel Hand, Foundation, Bane, plus Sweet Pete doing a few In My Eyes songs. By the time Have Heart started their set, the club was already pretty hot, and I was already pretty tired. Watching the DVD today, I still amazed at how crazy things get once Have Heart start playing...people packed to the front of the stage...singing along and stagediving everywhere. There is a sea of people crushed up front to see Have Heart do their thing one last time. Wow...I forget that there were so many people there. The DVD really captures how much energy there was at this show. Myself, I ran out of energy about half way through Have Heart's set and spent the last part of the show at the back of the club trying to catch my breath and not pass out.


When Bridge Nine put up pre-orders for the new live Have Heart album, I didn't hesitate to order...and to pick up the new pressings of their studio albums as well.

I'm not sure what the deal with the pressing info is. When the album went up for pre-order, it listed red vinyl as the color with with DVD package deal. It also stated that "if you buy the LP alone, you'll likely get the less-limited blue or white vinyl". Of course, I ordered three copies.

I got the white vinyl.

I got the blue vinyl.

The color that I got with my CD/DVD package was not red, but clear vinyl. Clear vinyl? I didn't know they were selling clear vinyl. I checked the B9 discography page and it lists a green vinyl as well. What the Hell? Even more strange is that all of them seem to be sold out. I guess that now I have to track down a couple more copies of this album.

Along with the release of the live album, Bridge Nine also did another pressing of Have Heart's two studio albums. The sixth pressing of The Things We Carry. On clear gold vinyl, and limited to 1,000.

The fifth pressing of Songs To Scream At The Sun. Solid orange vinyl, limited to 1,000.

No comments: