Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Saints Come Marching Back In

I'm not saying that my appetite for CD's was killed with my new ipod, but it was heavily wounded. Most of the Metal albums that I've bought in the past were typically on CD. With Hardcore, I didn't mind buying both the CD and vinyl formats, but for most of my Metal is was a choice of one or the other...and typically the convenience of the CD won out. The ipod frees me of that choice, and I can truly commit to the format that I prefer to buy...vinyl.

While I've always really enjoyed Armored Saint, I've never really been that attracted to the John Bush era of Anthrax. It was decent, but it never really captured me like the Armored Saint stuff. With Anthrax too busy fucking around with either Joey Belladonna or some new singer, John Bush must have had enough and went back and did an album with his old band mates. Now it has been 10 years since we have seen a new studio album from Armored Saint, but they sound like they haven't skipped a beat. Great traditional Metal.

I was surprised to find out that Back On Black did the vinyl release for this album. Typically, the label just re-issues classic releases on vinyl, so I didn't expect to see that they were releasing the new Armored Saint album. The other surprise was that while Back On Black releases everything on colored vinyl, for this one they actually pressed it on black vinyl. Like most of the Back On Black releases, the gatefold packaging on this is very well done.

No comments: