Monday, November 29, 2010

Hell Is Here

Reign In Blood may be my favorite Slayer album, but there is something about Hell Awaits that makes it special. It is difficult to call Hell Awaits more evil than Reign In Blood, but there is just something about that album that is darker than it's major label follow up.

I was excited to hear that Back On Black was repressing the first three Slayer albums...Show No Mercy, Live Undead with the Haunting the Chapel EP, plus Hell Awaits. The band covered all their other albums in the Vinyl Conflict box set that came out a couple months ago...and since the Metal Blade vinyl reissues ended up on shitty looking picture discs, I was really looking forward to the Back On Black press.

Stores around here are still stocking the Metal Blade reissue, so I had to go to an ebay store to find the Back On Black pressing. Back On Black on colored vinyl, with a gatefold sleeve. Very nice, but nothing out of the ordinary, or too special. I wish the label would do all of their reissues like the Motorhead ones that they do, and include a brief history of the record and what the band was up to when it was originally released. Still, this is another quality vinyl release.

I now have four copies of this record. Join us join us join us join us.

2 comments:

Wade said...

everytime you post a metal record it reminds me i need to get some.

Mike said...

More metal to come very soon! Since I've gotten an ipod, I find that I'm buying a lot more metal on vinyl instead of CD.