Monday, November 22, 2010

Disengaged

Last Sunday my computer was reporting a major failure. I had the dreaded "blue screen of death" and things weren't looking good. For the second time this year, I had to drop it off with my friend Jeff, to see what he could do to fix it. Thankfully, he was able to recover all my music and photo files, and the only thing that I ended up losing was time. One full week down the drain and unable to update the blog.

I received the Disengage 7 inch about a week before the Triple B Showcase. Somehow, I failed to recognize that they were playing the fest, and I didn't give the record a spin until well after the show. Like most of the bands on the first day of the Showcase, Disengage was a lot of fun live. Kids up front, singing along to the band's Youth Crew style of Hardcore...always a good time. Back To Back Records was already sold out of the blue vinyl, so I had to settle for the black vinyl. Limited to 400 pressed.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Sorry to hear about the computer issue. But did it not cross your mind to trek into town to use the computers at the public library, or go visit a friend to use their internet? I like to think that you'd trek 20 miles through a blizzard to get to a computer if necessary so as not to disappoint your readers. Unfortunately though it seems you don't care about us, and that HURTS, man! Please spend some time thinking about what you've done. You've let me down, you've let Doug down, and you've let yourself down. Shame on you!

Mike said...

It's not like that at all, Marcus. The truth is that I've got so much new vinyl in the mail that I can no longer get out of my house. Yes, I'm like one of those hoarders that you see on TV. Stacks and stacks of vinyl and CDs have me trapped inside. Please send help.