Sunday, August 29, 2010

Got 'Em

Back in 2005, True Colors recorded their demo. 5 years later and I'm hearing these songs for the first time, thanks to I Drink Milk Records. I can't believe that it took me this long to finally listen to these songs, but to be honest, I had no idea that they existed. I didn't really hear about True Colors until about a year after they had released their Focus On The Light LP on Six Feet Under Records. So yeah, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that I don't know much about the early recordings of this band. No surprises from this demo, just great straight ahead youth crew hardcore.

Just like the Control Records pre-order for Consider It Done, I found out about this one too late and missed the most limited pressing with the special cover. 104 were pressed on blue vinyl with plain white labels. The pressing info on this indicates that one of these has a fucked up I Drink Milk Records stamp on the B-side label. I'm not sure if it was intended for all the records to get the stamp, and then the label ditched the idea because it wasn't working. I hope that's the case, because these white labels really take away from the look of the vinyl.

394 were pressed on black vinyl with regular labels.

1 comment:

b-edge said...

yeah dude, you're right. the original idea was to stamp the blue vinyls. but beacuse the paper material of the labels is pretty shiny, this turned out to a mess.