Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sick of Ceremony

When Bridge Nine posted pre-orders for the new Ceremony LP, Rohnert Park, I spent the extra money and ordered the package deal. The pre-order package included a book written by Ceremony's singer, Ross Farrar, which featured all of his lyrics for the band, along with explanations for what the songs mean. At the time, I thought that the book was limited to the package deal, but now it appears that you can buy the book on it's own...which somehow makes it feel less special to me.
The record itself, well, I'm not completely sold on it. There are some songs that absolutely kill, and there are others that are more experimental than Ceremony's other stuff, and are outside my "Ceremony comfort zone". I don't know, maybe the whole thing will grow on me, as all Ceremony stuff tends to do.

Along with my Ceremony package deal order, I also ordered the last two pieces of colored vinyl for the Underdog double LP. Ummm...yeah, Bridge Nine sent me two copies of clear vinyl for the Ceremony LP. Okay, so I didn't get the most limited color for the Ceremony LP, the book wasn't limited to the package deal, and I didn't get the two Underdog records that I was looking forward to. "Pack my fist full of hate and take a swing at the world...".
700 pressed on clear vinyl, and 1,000 pressed on blue.

5 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

wait...you ordered the ceremony package with has both colors and the book. Then you ordered two copies of the underdog discography. And what you got was the 2 colors of the ceremony album. The book. And instead of two underdog albums they gave you another clear ceremony? What the hell hahaa?

Mike said...

No, I ordered the ceremony package that comes with one LP and the book, plus two copies of underdog...they sent two extra copies of the ceremony LP instead of the underdog records.

Dustin said...

Hey Mike, any chance you still have that extra copy of this record on clear? I've been trying to get a first press copy.

Mike said...

Sorry Dustin, I gave it away to a friend shortly after I received it.

http://endlessquestrecords.blogspot.com/2010/08/ceremony-rohnert-park-lp.html

Dustin said...

No problem man - worth a shot!