Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sick As A Dog

Bridge Nine did an outstanding job with the reissue of Underdog's 7 inch, and their release of the discography, Matchless, is just as amazing. Double LP...gatefold sleeve...plus a "visual outtakes" book that was only available for the pre-order press on red vinyl. The book is a pretty cool bonus, containing photos of the band and a few interviews from various zines over the years. I've got to say though, the interview that is included from Bullshit Monthly (1988) is really bad. A pointless interview that goes nowhere, and really, a fine example of why people would lose interest in reading zines. Still, the book is a cool addition, and I even made it into a couple of photos included from Underdog's set at Posi-Numbers in 2005.

As it seems to be my theme lately, I was pretty hard up for cash when Matchless went up for pre-order. Still I wasn't going to let it pass me by, so I only ordered one copy...for now.

While I was ordering the Underdog discography, I figured that I'd grab the new 7 inch single from Ceremony. At least Bridge Nine has started including an exclusive non-LP track on their singles now, so they don't seem to be a complete money grab. The two songs on this 7 inch are set to simply destroy. Brutal and vicious. 300 pressed on white vinyl.

I'm not sure what the intent is with the lyrics to Sick. Sick of Black Flag. Sick of Cro-Mags. Really? In any case, the song is a full blown anthem set to inspire complete chaos when the band performs the song live.

No comments: