Thursday, May 20, 2010

Positive Peer Pressure

At the end of April, I received a message from Marcus. He knew that I was interested in expanding my Rain On The Parade record collection, and there was a record release pressing of the second 7 inch, Full Speed Ahead, on eBay. Plus, it looked like it might go for cheap. I had already spent way too much money on records, and I had just dropped $180 on Record Store Day, so I was really not looking to throw any more cash at records for the month. Still, there was one day left on the auction and the bidding was still at only 99 cents. I figured that I'd try to see if I could pick it up for a steal.

The day of the auction, Marcus and I had traded a few more emails about this record. I told him that I threw a $20.00 max bid on it, but that I was going to be stuck in meetings at work when the auction closed. I really didn't have the $20 to spend, but I figured that I'd be outbid anyway. I got back to my desk after the meeting and found that I had the winning bid...$8.50. Right on.

The record release pressing for Full Speed Ahead was pressed on green marble colored vinyl, and limited to 97...which I think is very cool since it was released in '97. The inside sleeve also has the date of the record release show, and is hand numbered.

1 comment:

mcs said...

A great, great 7", and this is my favourite pressing of it. I love the shade of green. A definte steal for the price you paid. Nice work!