Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Remember Halloween

I love finding record pressings that I didn't know existed. Now granted, there are a ton of different pressings for the Have Heart demo, but still, I thought that I had a handle on them all. My collection is far from complete, but I thought that I knew what was out there. A couple months back, Aram posted a list of records for sale with set prices. On that list was the Have Heart demo with the Halloween cover. What the fuck? What is that? I'd never heard of the Halloween cover...plus it was listed as being limited to 20! God damn! At the time, I had cooled off on Have Heart vinyl, and didn't want to pay the $50 price tag. I picked up a couple of other records, and then immediately regretted on the Have Heart one. Suddenly, $50 for a Have Heart record limited to 20 seemed like a great price. ONLY 20 OF THEM PRESSED! When am I going to get another chance at this record? Well, to my surprise, a month later, Jeff from Bottled Up, was unloading a bunch of rare stuff from his label on eBay. Lo and behold, there was the Halloween pressing. I dropped a huge max bid on it at the last second, determined to win it. To my surprise, the auction ended at a lower price than Aram's. Stoked. I now have 15 copies of this one record.


3 comments:

Ewald said...

I have 30 different variations of that demo, and I'm still missing about 10... I think.
It's insane to try and get this complete!

There are 2 other versions with the halloween cover, out of /7 and /12

mcs said...

Good score! Cool version to have.

Wade said...

very cool record