Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Final Connection

The First Step and Champion are my favorite bands from the last 10 years. I guess they are my Gorilla Biscuits and Youth of Today of the 00's. - clichejon


Someone on the REACT! messageboard has the above quote as their signature. It rings so true for me, that I figured I'd post it here as well. I absolutely love the late 80's hardcore, and it certainly produced some of my favorite bands and records. Yet, I find that I rarely collect anything from the time period. I do not own Start Today on vinyl. While I own a copy of the Confusion press for Chain, the rest of my collection for them is pretty weak. And Judge...seriously, way out of my price range. For some reason, I find myself concentrating my collecting efforts on bands from the last 10 years...and one of my favorites would be The First Step.

I recently received my annual bonus at work. The amount that I received would have gotten me a Chung King pressing of the Judge LP. There was no way that I would have been able to get away with that, but it did allow me to throw a nice size maximum bid on the eBay auction for the pre-order press of the Connection EP from The First Step. Dobek Ohashi sells the coolest records, and when he listed this record, the final piece in my Connection collection, I was going to win it at any cost. Thankfully that cost didn't end up breaking the bank. I now have 9 copies of this record.

This pressing of the last EP from The First Step was released by Waking The Dead Records out of Argentina. Red vinyl with a special cover just for this pressing.

Especial edition for pre-orders. Hand numbered and limited to 50.

5 comments:

mcs said...

I still don't have one single copy of this record. I've also never heard it. Pretty funny since I loved their LP and played it a hella lot.

Good work on the bonus too! I wish I got a bonus :o(

mindset said...

hi mike very cool record i have all gorilla seven and all judge seven + the revelation can suck it

Doug W said...

Hmm, nine? Well I don't have this one and I think I have 8 of them. Good to know! One to go.

Doug W said...

Oh yeah, I got a bonus at work this year as well.
Mine went towards new kitchen counters.

That's how I roll.

Mike said...

Nothing wrong with that Doug. A small portion of my bonus paid for this 7 inch...the rest went toward a new living room set.