Saturday, March 13, 2010

Supporting The Scene

At the start of 2010, Aram decided to sell off some records to help clear out some debts from running REACT!. The guy was selling so many great records, and I was feeling pretty broke after the Christmas holiday, so I tried to limit my spending. He had one Have Heart pressing of the demo on Bottled Up that I didn't grab, and I have regretted not buying it when I had the chance. Who knows when I'll see it come around again.
I had missed the opportunity to grab the Time Flies 7 inch with the Misfits rip off cover a few weeks back on eBay. When I saw that Aram was selling his copy, I didn't hesitate to pick it up. I love the Walk Among Us cover, and Time Flies did a great job with it.


Malfunction Fiend Club. Number 68 of 138. Time Flies is one of those bands that I've been thinking about collecting for a long time now. This record looked so good, that I'd figured that it was time to get it started.


The other one that I bought from Aram was the record release pressing of the Perspective 7 inch from True Colors. I had never seen a copy of this and had no idea what it would look like, but I really like True Colors and therefore I needed this for the collection.

The record release pressing comes with a cool looking comic strip style cover, hand numbered 44 out of 200, plus a promo shot of the band.

6 comments:

mindset said...

i love time flies i have this seven with the plane cover on clear vinyl great

Wade said...

i just got that same true colors 7", tho mine didn't have the promo. bummer. posting the pre-order one soon.

CONTROL RECORDS said...

About the TC release show cover.. the comicstyle cover is drawn by the guy who is on the leftside on the promopicture.. he's a wellknown Belgian artist who does one page comics for magazines and they came across him when taking the ferry to the UK on tour and started talking.. he used to be involved in the punkscene early 80's and starting talking about Minor Threat etc.. TC dropped him a email about doing a comic cover and he did it all for free.. 'for the sake of punk'

Mike said...

Great info! Thanks!

mcs said...

I have a spare Time Flies 7" with Captain Harlock sleeve. Its the one with a skull & crossbones printed on an acetate cover. Yours if you want it.

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that Time Flies gem?