Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No Rush

This post has taken forever for me to get up. To start things off, Six Feet Under Records fucked up my order. I was pretty disappointed to open my package for the True Colors pre-orders and find that I was missing both the yellow and red copies of their new Rush Of Hope LP. I emailed Dave at Six Feet Under and let him know that I was missing a part of my order...a week later, he responded that he was going to be out of the office until after Christmas, and he would correct the error when he got back. By the end of January, they were finally being shipped with a second order that I had placed. Hey, I'm not the kind of guy to stress on record labels when things take longer than expected. I'm the trusting type with plenty of patience, so the wait didn't bother me. Dave made good on the order, so we're cool.

I was happy when Six Feet Under announced that they were going to be doing a U.S. pressing of the Rush Of Hope LP from True Colors. As standard variation between the original Powered pressing and the one from Six Feet Under, we get a new color on the album sleeve for the US pressing.

100 were pressed on red, black and yellow tri-colored vinyl.


221 were pressed on clear yellow vinyl.


600 were pressed on clear red vinyl.



When pre-orders went up, Six Feet Under was also selling a True Colors package of both albums with silk screened covers. Kind of a cool idea, plus it was an opportunity to add to my True Colors collection, so I was down with it. 78 copies of white vinyl were pressed for the special silk screened covers. White labels were stamped with a T one one side, and a C on the other.


79 copies of the yellow vinyl for Rush Of Hope were used for the silk screened covers.

2 comments:

Doug W said...

True Colors is a fine band and all, but I find it way more fascinating that you own Keel - The Right To Rock!

Mike said...

ha ha ha...I won't deny the Keel record, but really, it was free and the title track was a killer anthem! My latest odd obsession has been the Tony Martin era of Black Sabbath. I need to get some of that on vinyl!