Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Outlast!

A few weeks back, when Sweet Pete and I were hanging out after the Rival Mob/Police and Thieves show, we were talking about music. We were both in agreement, that while we love Hardcore, and we love Metal, neither one of us likes it when the two genres try and mix. He mentioned that when he wants to hear Metal, he'll pull out Bonded By Blood from Exodus, and when he wants to hear hardcore, he wants to hear the classic straight edge youth crew style. I'm in total agreement, and for the straight edge youth crew style, Outlast from New Jersey have nailed it with their 2009 demo. Now pressed on vinyl through Life To Live Records, these songs make me want to stagedive, grab the mic and sing along. Blue and clear vinyl. 125 each. New split 7 inch with Reveal the Truth coming soon.

4 comments:

mcs said...

Man, listen to you... "when Sweet Pete and I were hanging out..."

Mike said...

Come on man, it's not like I've had Bane and Champion stay at my house while on tour. Don't take this away from me. Ha!

mindset said...

i have a lot of seven in my collection and of cd

xyosefx said...

Pretty funny for a new band to be using a name that was already taken by a Swedish youth crew straight edge band 15 years ago. Do they not have the internet in New Jersey?