Sunday, December 20, 2009

Post-eBay Sale From React

Shortly after I bought the last set of records from Aram, he put up a bunch of stuff on eBay. Since it was well publicized, I figured that stuff was going to go for insane prices and I stayed away from placing any bids. A few weeks later, Aram was still unloading records, posting a list on the React messageboard with set prices. This time around, I filled a few more holes in my React collection.

I was also missing the ON and Gone But Not Forgotten custom REACT! cardboard mailers. I asked Aram if he had any leftover, I would appreciate if he could include them. Nice.

First thing that I grabbed was the Right Idea 12" on white vinyl. Limited to 300.


When I received my original Right Idea order from REACT!, I was lucky enough to receive one of the few transition presses, with the "Right Idea" stamp on the dust sleeve. As cool as it was to have one in my collection, and because I'm slightly mental, I still needed the regular white vinyl pressing.


Man, I love Mindset, so I was pretty happy to pick up a couple pieces of vinyl for the second pressing of their R E A L P O W E R 7 inch. Both of them are on clear vinyl, but for some reason, the pressing plant used the black and white labels from the first press on 30 of them. The remainder of the 150 pressed on clear vinyl have the red and black labels.

Yeah, Mindset are pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to the new 7 inch in 2010.

7 comments:

Aram said...

Mike that Mindset collection is looking great! You just need:

- test press
- 1st press transition
- tour version
- 2nd press transition

You rule man, thanks so much for the support!!!

mcs said...

Hang on a second... Mindset on clear? I thought second press was all black vinyl? The clear looks so rad. I love the proper clear pressed in the US. Looks like glass. Rad.

Aram said...

Marcus

You never keep up with REACT! stuff dude! The 2nd press was:

- 12 trasnitions w/red labels
- 30 on clear with white labels
- 150 on clear with red labels
- 850 on black

Also, time to show some love to ON! One of the best bands today, why all the back handed compliments?

mcs said...

Keep up? Well, you know... what can I say? I'm old and out of touch :o)

Mike said...

I believe that all the clear vinyl went directly to the band, so the REACT! store never had it for sale.

Anonymous said...

Not really into the band but congratulations on another cool post.

xroldx said...

Hey Mike awesome Right Idea stuff there. I recently got the Right Idea demo 7" on Refuse Records. I will blog it someday next week.

As for the Devotion record. You should check it out if you like GIA's Histories. It's a natural follow up to that record. Don't let the grunge parts scare you off.