Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Step On It

Sometimes I'm pretty slow. I hear of great new bands, but I put off checking them out until I'm forced to do so...and then I end up wishing that I hadn't waited so long. I remember hearing about Step Forward a couple of years ago. Boston Straight Edge featuring DFJ from Mental. Yet each time I would see their 10 Song EP for sale in one of the online distros, I continually passed it by...until it was sold out. I downloaded these tracks on Soulseek about a year ago, and even then, I still didn't really listen to them. When I saw that the band was playing the Edge Day show this year with Have Heart, I figured that it was about time that I start to listen to this. Damn. This is so good, and I listened to it repeatedly prior to the show. I was hoping that the band would have the 7 inch for sale, but no luck, as it appears to be out of print. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I started searching eBay. I was happy to win a copy for only $11. 418 were pressed on black for the first press on Painkiller Records, and then they did a second press of 350, also on black vinyl. I have no idea which pressing this on is, nor do I think that it really matters.

2 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

Hey can you drop me an email when you get a chance? nick at limitedpressing dot com. thanks

Kyle said...

I love this record. No tolerance actually had this 7" on clear with them at Sound and fury this year. Glad they did cause i missed out when they first went up. (i also recently scored a test press of this) Will be blogging about that one.