Tuesday, September 01, 2009

In The Beginning...

For me, Heavy Metal began with the first Black Sabbath album. Other bands may have had some heavy riffs prior to the release of this album, but no one put it all together like Sabbath did. The album was released in 1970, which just so happens to be the year that I was born. Because of this, I thought that it would be rather fitting that I finally add this classic album to my vinyl collection with the gift certificates that I got for my birthday...and with the recent deluxe expanded editions being released, it was perfect timing. Released as a double LP, with bonus tracks of b-sides and studio outtakes, combined with the beautiful packaging, this thing is amazing. Truly a classic.


1 comment:

Doug W said...

Now we are fucking talking! I started listening to Black Sabbath in grade 5 and have never lost faith! (Wait, yeah I did. From Seventh Star to about Forbidden).
I bet this sounds better than my 1970 Warner Brothers press!

Oh yeah Mike, try me at monstercody666@hotmail.com

I am going to go listen to Wicked World.