Saturday, September 05, 2009

Carrying On

With the Carry On pre-orders just posted this week for the It's All Our Blood LP, on React and Youngblood, I thought that it was fitting that I post the Roll With The Punches 7 inch that I just received. Nothing super rare...there are 1,700 pressed of this on black vinyl...but goddamn, it would be hard to not include this record in my Top Ten 7 inches of all time. That is how much I'm loving this record right now. Carry On are another band, in a long list of bands, that I've wanted to add to my record collection for a long time, but I've always had my eye on some other prize. Last month, I went on a "cheap" record spree, buying a bunch of stuff for under $10 a piece, and scored this record.

The funny thing is that I didn't start collecting records until the beginning of 2005 with Champion's Promises Kept. After a few months of getting into this hobby, I made my first major purchase...Carry On's A Life Less Plagued LP on orange vinyl. I spent $60 for it on eBay. At the time, it was a HUGE purchase for me. Never in my life had I thought that I would have dished out that much cash for just one record. The record collecting bug had bitten me hard, and since there were only 150 pressed, I figured that if I didn't go for it then, who knows when I would have had the opportunity to grab this record again. Here we are over 4 years later, finally picking up my second piece of Carry On vinyl, and more thankful than ever that I spent the money on that LP when I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to get the REACT! red vinyl, but it sold out in like 3 hours (it seemed like), I have all the Carry On 7"s anyways, if I can't get red, I think I may just skip this one....

Doug W said...

Carry On vinyl is IMPOSSIBLE to complete. I am just giving up! 4/20 fest press, all the Stabbed in the Face tour covers, Line Is Drawn colors, etc. I am glad you posted this one to just show having it is good enough. Solid, solid record.

I still need you to email me! monstercody666@hotmail.com

mcs said...

Funny story on this one - i emailed chris kelly when this came out to see if there were any blue left. he said yes. but then i ended up in an email argument about payment. he refused to accept paypal becuse he didn't support big corporations, so i asked him who he banked with and then he got really angry and abusive to me. i didn't mean to piss him off, but somehow did. he was pretty abusive to me, so after that i was embarrased to still order the record. i figured he wouldn't send me one. so (this is the funny bit) i sent money off in an envelope but put a fake name on the letter rather than use my own name. a few weeks later the package showed up... i got a black one, along with a note that blue vinyl was "long gone".

got a blue one in the end though, although can't remember where from. think it was a trade.

mindset said...

i have 4 carry on vinyl stabbed in back / black vinyl . 2 line is drawn yellow letters / black vinyl and the red vinyl + roll with the punches if you like carry on chek stand your ground it s the first band of todd jones