Saturday, August 22, 2009

Save It For The Birds

First update in over a week. Man, it is going to be a struggle to get in double digit posts this month. It ain't for lack of vinyl though. Today, I just got back from a week long vacation with the family. After a real cold, wet and rainy summer, we got really lucky and had a week of sunshine and humidity for our week on the lake. We really couldn't have planned it any better. Spent every day on the beach and in the water. Great times, but it is nice to be back at home with access to my music and my computer. It was a true test being without music for a full week! The second day of our vacation, we had everyone from the family stop by for my, and my wife's, birthday party. I pulled in $180 in gift cards for Bull Moose Music. I was so excited that, over the week, there were some nights that I would lie awake in bed at 2:00 in the morning...just making mental lists of what vinyl and CDs I was going to buy when I got home.
When I got home from the lake today, I had 7 packages of new vinyl and CD's waiting for me in the mailbox. This vacation just gets better and better. But before I can get to the new records, I've got to continue to clean up the stack that I got piling up. So without further ado, this blog post is for the Birds Of A Feather 7 inch, Chapter 5. Featuring the singer from Mainstrike, you can guess that this band is going to have that old school straight edge sound, and if that is what you are looking for, this does not disappoint. Mainstrike were pretty good, but other than their first 7 inch, they never really lit a fire under me. Birds Of A Feather have the potential to do that. This is a really good record, and I love the idea of a bunch of over 30 dudes doing a Straight Edge band. Released only on black vinyl on Commitment Records...limited to 1,010 pressed.

3 comments:

Onno said...

Still reading the sxe book, if it's finished you will also get the birds vinyl that came with it ;-)

Mike said...

You haven't finished that book yet?!?!?

Onno said...

It does not read that good, so I wandered off to other books :-)

Good thing is that I found a few more vinyl items I can add to the package!