Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time To Boil Over

I love finding new music. Some people are content to listen to the same stuff over and over, but I'm always looking to check out the next up and coming hardcore or thrash band. There is so much cool shit coming out these days, and I love getting surprised by a band that I've never heard of before. So drawing from influences such as DYS and Negative FX, Boiling Over comes crashing out of the gates. Excellent, raging hardcore on Lifeline Records. I loved it so much that I jumped on ordering both colors...150 pressed on red and 350 pressed on clear vinyl. Lifeline also included a digital download coupon with the release, and somehow I ended up with an extra one. Sweet, now I can download this three times....ummmm, not sure why they didn't just give me one...oh well.

While ordering from Lifeline, I noticed that they also had the Time To Escape EP available. I want to say that I wanted to order this from Grave Mistake when it was released, but it was already sold out when I tried to place my order. So I took the opportunity to grab it from Lifeline and was surprised that it was the first press, and that mine was number 12 of 500.

While I'm talking about new music, it makes me think about the Album of the Month Club on last.fm. The group was created to share and discuss hardcore and punk music for last.fm users. When we started the group, each month someone would offer up an album of their choice for members to listen to and discuss. We have since moved to a bi-weekly format to cut down on the dead time, and spark more conversations. Some of the suggested albums have fallen pretty flat with me, but occasionally someone will suggest an album that really surprises me. So if you use last.fm to track what you are listening to, feel free to stop by and join our group.

1 comment:

luciferyellow said...

If it's really so good, I'll help you and download it once for you, how about that?
(And then I'll recommend it for the Album of the month club...)