Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lost In A Crowd

Al Barkley posted on the Livewire messageboard that he was looking to sell a few records at set prices. Seems as though he got himself in pretty deep with credit card debt, and was looking to get out of that situation. Al ran Contrast Records, and in addition to the first Verse record, he re-released the Alone In A Crowd 7 inch a few years back. I only had the AIAC songs on a split CD with New York's Inside Out that was released on the sketchy Lost & Found label. I figured that this was a good a time as any to finally pick this up on vinyl. Man, it doesn't get much better than the one two punch of Is Anybody There and Commitment. Classic.

The original reason for me buying records from Al, was to pick up a copy of Said & Done's 7 inch released on Suburban Voice back in 1991. Said & Done, not to be confused with Said and Done from The Netherlands, were a great hardcore band out of Boston, and I saw them play a few times with other early 90's BHC greats like Eye For An Eye, Kingpin, and Third Degree. Anyway, I thought that I had this record on black vinyl, so I bought the purple vinyl pressing from Al. Turns out that I already had this on purple vinyl, so now I've got two.

After buying these records, I found that Al has a great website at albarkley.com, which has some great pressing info on some classic records. Check it out.

3 comments:

mcs said...

I'll gladly take the spare Said & Done 7" off your hands. I never heard it, but I have the Kingpin 7", and this reminds me of that. Same label & era, I'm guessing I'll like it.

Also, I sent Al some pics for his site. Forever comp and Release 7" on red, and Four Walls Falling 7" on clear green I think. Don't think he updates that section much though, i sent stuff ages ago & nothing has changed since.

Dan Emery said...

I'm very jealous of your Alone in a Crowd record

Mike said...

No need to be jealous. It's just a repress from a few years back, and not an original. I would assume you could still pick them up for cheap on ebay...