Thursday, June 04, 2009

We Might Be Retarded

Boston Straight Edge in the Motherfuckin' house, boyeeee! When Mental first got together, and released their debut 7 inch in 2002, I was kind of disconnected from the Hardcore scene. I wasn't buying vinyl anymore, and was pretty much only buying CDs from bands like Dillinger 4, Anti-Flag, and Good Riddance...political Fat Wreck kind of stuff. The few hardcore stuff that I knew of, like Champion's Count Our Numbers and Count Me Out's Permanent, again, I bought on CD. Bands like The Suicide File, Desperate Measures, and Mental were not even on my hardcore radar. Hell, I didn't even check out Mental until around 2004, when I went to see them play at one of the Insted reunion shows. So here we are, 7 years later, and I'm finally picking up my first vinyl copy of Mental's 7 inch, And You Know This. Awesome Boston Straight Edge band that definitely needs a space in my record collection. I have no idea what the pressing information is for this record, but I picked up this piece of blue vinyl for $5.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just picked one of these up myself as well from ebay too! Loving this band, especially this record, what a great sound, you can tell they are having a heck of a lot of fun on this one!

Mike said...

I've had these songs from the Oxygen Tank CD for years, but listening to this 7 inch, the songs sound so much more raw. Love it!