Saturday, May 02, 2009

Vicious Vinyl

A couple months back, I had some problems with an order that I had placed with Revelation. When I ordered the Mouthpiece discography on vinyl, I had also ordered the Stand & Fight LP as well. I loved Stand & Fight, and when I saw their Together We Win album show up on Rev's new release list that stated it was "now available again on colored vinyl" with an item number of BACON02, I figured that it had been repressed on a new record label. I already had the two colors that Bridge Nine had done, so I ordered this "new" pressing to keep my collection complete. When I received my order, I was surprised to find that Rev had actually sent me the standard color pressing that Bridge Nine had done...one that I already owned. After we traded a few emails back and forth, we straightened out the confusion. Apparently Greg Bacon from Stand & Fight, had some extra copies of the Bridge Nine pressing, and he just gave them to Revelation to sell, hence the BACON02 item number. I sent them back the Stand & Fight album, and I asked if they could send me the Vicious Circle LP from the Zero Boys as the replacement. They apologized for the confusion and agreed to the trade.
Originally released in 1982, this LP was reissued again in 2009 on Secretly Canadian Records. I first downloaded this album about a year ago, and fell in love with it immediately. Another classic hardcore record that I discovered 20 years after it's initial release. I looked at picking this up on eBay over the past year, but the original vinyl pressings were going for over $60, so I kept putting it off. Even though I would prefer to have an original pressing, at this time I'll settle for saving some money and just buy the reissue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds just as good as the OG without paying the price! I love this record, solid midwest HC/punk, have you heard their 7" livin in the 80's?

Mike said...

I haven't heard that 7 inch, but I think those songs are on the new History Of LP that Secretly Canadian released as well. That is on my list of things to pick up soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm still new to this whole blogging thing, s I am trying to figure out how to add your blog to mine on the front page, my girlfriend is giving me a tutorial tonight!