Thursday, May 28, 2009

Keepin' It Real

To tell you the truth, I can't even remember where I heard about this Keep It Clear record. How many records have I ordered lately that I can't even remember where I got turned on to picking up this 7 inch? Another point of confusion was that it wasn't until writing this post that I realized that this is wasn't the band that appeared on the Generations comp from Revelation...that band was actually Keep It Up. Both bands are from Canada, so hopefully you can understand my confusion. Either way, Keep It Clear play some pretty ripping hardcore. Holy shit, this band came from out of nowhere and really blew me away. This is the North American pressing of the record, and apparently Not Just Words Records is releasing this as well. Each pressing will have slight differences in the layout, and different colored vinyl. I was too late ordering this record, so I missed out on the clear pressing, and only got black vinyl (limited to 400). The packaging on this is pretty slick, and comes with a nice wraparound strip with the bands name, for the cover. Very nice touch.

3 comments:

xroldx said...

So how are the songs? Is it as good as Go It Alone? I'm still thinking whether I should buy this one or not.

Mike said...

I like it more than Go It Alone. Keep It Clear have a more straight forward, traditional hardcore style.

Mike said...

Listening to this record again this morning, I'm hearing some serious Carry On influence...