Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Cause For Celebration

It hasn't happened on this blog since July 2006, but I've hit double digits for the number of posts in a month. That is a good thing, as it means that I've got plenty of new vinyl landing in my mailbox. Right now, I've got enough records sitting beside me for an additional 4 posts, yet I'm starting to feel the addiction kick up a notch, and the need to go out an buy more. April saw a few expensive records come into my possession, so I've got to show a little self restraint right now. However, Dead & Gone did just put up pre-orders for the new Ironclad 7 inch....so maybe I'll order just one more record....

Speaking of Euro hardcore bands and labels, this entry is for the first EP from Common Cause, Statement of Purpose. It was released on Powered Records, and I have really come to love and respect this label, as they have dropped some amazing records the past couple of years, with releases from True Colors and Loud & Clear. After releasing a 7 inch and an LP, Common Cause can easily hang with both of those bands. Great straight edge hardcore. I picked up the 7 inch on eBay for $10. Limited to 300 pressed on blue vinyl.

7 comments:

Mike said...

ha ha...sorry dude. Record collecting is a cutthroat business! You don't find Common Cause or True Colors vinyl on eBay that often!

mcs said...

As stupid as it sounds, the labels on the Powered releases put me off. I think they ruin the look of the record. The pic here is a shining example of that.

Good work on the 10 posts. An average of one update every three days is good going. Surely you have time to sneak one more in though :o)

Anonymous said...

I thought I sold you a Common Cause 7" Alex? If not get at me when I'm back in the south east as I'm sure I've got two copies of it.

Good record and a solid live band. Saw them play with Justice in a basement in Leeds and was blown away.

Anonymous said...

The Loud And Clear 12" really blew me away, reminded me of Straight Aead. Powered is becoming a label I look forward to each release....

xroldx said...

Powered is also going to release both ON 7" on one 7". Looking forward to that ON(e)

Mike said...

They are releasing both 7 inches on one 7 inch? NOOOOOOOOO! Put them on a 12 inch!

xroldx said...

hmm Maybe they will do that and I heard it wrong ;-)