Friday, February 06, 2009

Cruelty Free

Back when I ordered the new Ceremony album, I also placed an order with Bridge Nine for the new Cruel Hand album, Prying Eyes. To my surprise, they still had the most limited pressing of the vinyl (200 pressed on black). I consider myself lucky on this one, because this album is incredible, and should have sold out long before I got there. If I was more familiar with it when I put together my year-end review, this may have made my top 10 for 2008. Prying Eyes is a huge step up from 2007's Without A Pulse.
Once again, the Bridge Nine mailorder crew went the extra mile with my order. A while back, they really helped me out when the system didn't fully complete processing my order, and by the time we realized it, the last show pressing of Champion's Promises Kept had sold out. They didn't need to do it, but they still managed to pull out a copy for Rob and myself. This time, Matt included a vegan recipe for corn beef hash. I have yet to try it, but it sure sounds good.
  • 1/2 cup cooked aduki beans
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 1/2 cup diced potato
  • 1/2 diced onion

Cook the diced onion in 1 tbs oil until browned and a little caramelized. Next, mash up the beans with a fork in a bowl, and pour into the onion mixture, adding the other tbs of oil. Mix in the soy sauce, tahini, and potato and cook for about 10 minutes until the entire thing is crispy and delicious.

No comments: