Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Happy Birthday From A Friend

Speechless. I was completely surprised when Rob delivered two records to my desk at work for my birthday. Grateful. Friends don't come much better than this. I had spent the weekend out record shopping and had thought about buying Waste 'Em All by Municipal Waste, and Maiden's new "Best Of" album on vinyl, but I ended up putting both of them back on the shelf. Then there I was on Monday morning with a birthday surprise....it's like he was reading my mind. Thankful. We met at work over 10 years ago, and I am so thankful to have found such a friendship. I have very few close friends, and if he wasn't around, I know that I would really miss that outlet to just act like a complete retard. It has been a long 10 years, from Magic the Gathering tournaments to Unreal Tournament...from mountain biking to snowboarding...from ICP concerts to Xbox nights...from Celtics games to weekend roadtrips. None of this would have happened without him. Man, those have been the best of times, and here is to many more. Thanks for everything friend.

No comments: