Saturday, May 17, 2008

Can't Wait One Minute More

I had downloaded the Attitude album some time ago, and I really liked it, so when Get Outta Town Records was releasing it on vinyl, I figured that I would pick it up. I placed my order on April 4th, 2007. Over one year later, it finally landed in my mailbox. I think this was a World Record for the longest pre-order ever. Thankfully the label's website posted updates as to all the delays, so I wasn't wondering what was going on. When I finally received the package in the mail, I fell in love with the colored vinyl for this release. Released on tuttifruiti colored vinyl and limited to 170 pressed, this thing looks amazing. Definitely worth the wait. When I placed my original order, I also ordered the Everytime We Fall from The Geeks. I wasn't expecting much from this record, but with Tyler raving about how good it was, I figured I'd give it a chance. The boy is hardly ever wrong! This album was great. The copy that I got was on what looked like a brown and yellow split, but the label's discography shows a green and yellow split that was limited to 100 copies...maybe that's the one I got.

Another thing that has been a long time coming, and is starting to come together, is my room for music storage. With Steve finishing up school this week, he finally had some time to help me out on my Music Room Project. We made some good progress today and got the shelving built for my albums. I still need to buy the materials to build another section of shelves on the opposing wall, but man, it felt like we made some real progress today. I'm really looking forward to getting this completed...my sanctuary...just locking myself away with nothing but my music collection. Dropping the needle into the groove on some vinyl, kicking back, and just getting lost in the music.

6 comments:

xroldx said...

If you're finished with your room, please fly over to Europe and build one for me as well.

Mike said...

I've got a long way to go on mine. I've still got another wall of shelving to buy and put together!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I want one as well haha.

Tyler said...

That shelving looks awesome. Someday i hope to have something like that. That geeks record is the same one i got i think the pressing info on the website is wrong, in terms of the color.

I need to get back to blogging I've been on an internet hiatus of sorts the past 5 or 6 weeks. I'm gonna have a crapload of stuff to talk about, including that new Verse record. Best of '08 so far.

Anonymous said...

How did you build those? They look awesome! Did you buy them? Any plans available or you just made it up?

Mike said...

A friend with much more skill than I have, helped me build the shelves. No real plans, we just bought the materials and he helped me cut it to size and then used wood screws to attach everything together.