Saturday, March 31, 2007

Nothing Done

Nothing Done just released a new album on Not Just Words Records called Everybody Knows. The pre-order was limited to 100 and came with a different album sleeve. I had never heard that band before, but when you site bands like Black Flag, Negative Approach and Circle Jerks as influences then you have my attention. I checked out a couple of mp3's and liked what I heard, however I wasn't really prepared to pay the price for a record overseas...I think it would have cost me around $20. I checked the Revelation mailorder and they had a copy of Nothing Done's first LP, Powertrip, so I picked that up instead. It was a second pressing on blue vinyl and limited to 525. The record is amazing. It is so much fun. They definitely have that early 80's hardcore sound...fast and aggressive. I love it. When RevHQ carries the new album, I will have to pick it up.

5 comments:

xroldx said...

These guys are amazing, their live set is incredible, so much energy!

Tyler said...

Man, i need to hear more of these dudes, i've only heard a few mp3's and they were awesome.

Yo Mike, deos Rev take paypal yet? I would love to pick up that record.

xroldx said...

Damn the new record is already sold out on vinyl. Luckily the boss of Shield Recordings has got some copies left so I will be receiving it this friday. I'll let you know if it's any good.

Mike said...

RevHQ got some of copies of the new record this week. I ordered my copy yesterday, so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

Mike said...

Oh, and I did not see that Rev was taking Paypal....