Sunday, April 23, 2006

This Is Your Wake Up Call



"Can you hear the sirens? Can you hear the alarms? This is your WAKE UP CALL."

Hardcore from the state of Maine. With the recent exception of Outbreak, I have never had any love for hardcore bands from my home state. Maine kids in the past have had this love affair with band like Tree and Sam Black Church, plus bands like Madball and Hatebreed, that are rolled into that tough guy image. Not really my cup of tea. I was hesitant to pick up this new record from Wake Up Call, but I saw it at Newbury Comics while I was picking up the new Sick Of It All CD, and took the chance. I was surprised at how good it was. Straight up rippin' hardcore. It kind of reminds me of Outbreak, but that could just be because of the Maine connection. Anyway, this is great stuff.

Black vinyl on Think Fast Records, limited to 270 pressed.

No comments: