Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Want To Be Rewritten



This record looked so good that it deserved two pictures. This was another eBay purchase made to comfort the sting of missing out on a different auction. The initial record that I was waiting to snipe was the Rivalry Showcase pressing of Blue Monday's Rewritten album. I forgot to bid and it ended selling for $11.00. Damn, this is happening more and more lately. Someone else gets a great price because I forget to bid. I had the need to spend and found this version of the same album...the record release cover. I was hoping to pull a low price, similar to the one that I had missed out on. It ended up selling for $31, which I would still consider a very good price since it is limited to 50 copies. When it arrived in the mail, I was amazed at how cool this record looks. Silk screened cover...both front and back. Hand numbered out of 50, and this one is number 2.
When I first heard this record, I thought that is was pretty good, but nothing great. And while I won't love it as much as Champion, this record has recently started to really grow on me. That part of the song The Everything Fest, where he just screams out "I Want To Be Rewritten", it is so powerful...so passionate. Damn, that line alone gets stuck in my head for days.



1 comment:

mcs said...

This is a rad cover. Better than the one I just bought.