Thursday, February 23, 2006

Too Good To Pass Up


It took me a long time to finally listen to Bones Brigade. I remember Sweet Pete telling me at a Stand & Fight show in Boston that he thought they would be a band that I would like. I thought that he would be right, since they shared the same singer with Cut the Shit (another band that I really enjoyed). It took me a while to finally pick up their first album, but once I did, I really loved their style of hardcore thrash. After that first album, the singer left Bones Brigade to focus more on CTS. They got a new singer, and released their second album, Focused. New singers always make me nervous, and I kept passing on opportunities to pick up the new album. A few months ago, I was looking around at other peoples files on Soulseek and saw this album, so I downloaded it. I really liked it, and kept it in my MP3 player for a while. A couple weeks ago, I saw a post on the Bridge Nine messageboard from someone that had an extra copy and wanted to get rid of it for $10. I jumped at the chance and sent the guy $10 cash without even seeing what the record looked like. Sure, I had already spent my monthly dollar limit for records, and it was risky dropping ten dollars in an envelope to a kid I didn't know, but I took the chance. It arrived the other day. Clear blue vinyl...hand screened cover...numbered 4 out of 400 pressed. Sweet looking record, and after checking eBay, I see that they typically go for around $20, so I'd say it was a sweet price too.

No comments: